I am officially 9 weeks along today, and my weekly pregnancy email informed me I have grape-sized babies floating around in me. I've spent most of the morning trying to imagine a tiny person the size of a grape, complete with tiny eyes, tiny arms and legs, tiny feet...it's pretty difficult to imagine! I also think it's somewhat ridiculous how much my stomach has grown to accomodate two grapes - it seems completely unnecessary. My stomach doesn't grow this much when I eat two grapes...and yes, I know that it's different; I'm just being a little silly. ;o)
I've read through all my pregnancy and twin books up to the childbirth chapters, so I feel pretty knowledgable about what to expect the rest of this pregnancy. I'm waiting a few months to dive into the childbirth, nursing, and bringing baby home chapters; I don't want to overload myself with information! I feel some comfort knowing that I've done extensive research and have at least been exposed to all the possible symptoms, complications, and issues that could happen. I like feeling prepared...
Speaking of prepared, only 2 1/2 more weeks until my big Program for Multiples appointment! I can't wait to get my detailed consultations with the high-risk obgyn and the nutritionist, and ESPECIALLY get another ultrasound! I cannot wait to see how our babies have grown, what they look like at the 11.5 week mark, and mostly just get some peace of mind that everything is progressing the way it should.
On the symptom front, things are getting a bit more difficult as time goes on. I am more tired, have weirder food aversions, and am more gaggy as each day passes. For posterity's sake, I will record that I have gotten sick once so far - Friday evening. Apparently bananas foster was a bad idea (don't worry, we made it non-alcoholic). I'm thankful to have had no other barf sessions since then, but I'm definitely counting down the days until the 2nd trimester in the hopes that I'll feel more like myself. Don't get me wrong - I'll go through any amount of inconvenience for the benefit of these two babies. It's just a bit difficult to be an engineer when you're too tired to think. Turns out you need your brain and some energy to do this job; who knew!! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment