...we booked our house-hunting trip!
That's right, things are really starting to happen around here. Since Monday, we've gotten our housing allowance numbers, initiated immigration paperwork, been briefed on everything from bank accounts to driving lessons, been put in touch with a relocation specialist (a.k.a. realtor) and sent him our list of housing preferences, and booked the flights and hotel for the reconnaissance trip. Whew, I get tired just looking at that list!
We are leaving in a week and will be gone for 8 days. We're hoping the house-hunting part doesn't take too long, and we'll have some time to relax and explore the area. One very nice way we'll be able to relax is on the flight - Adam's company is flying us business class! This will be a first for both of us on an international flight. Of course we had to research what it will be like. Seriously, you have to see this to believe it.
(Click here for more photos if you're interested. Seriously, it's awesome.)
I hope it's as nice as it looks - I'll definitely write about our flight when we get back. I have a whole plan worked out on how not to end up jet-lagged, involving Dramamine, a sleep mask, ear plugs, and if I'm feeling crazy, a glass of wine. We'll see - I may be having too much fun in my high-tech seat to get a full night's sleep!

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!! Looks like it will be a comfy flight! Can't wait to see pics of your new home :). Have fun!!
ReplyDelete