We are moving in a little less than two months, and we haven't taken a house-hunting trip, haven't found a place to rent, haven't spoken to a realtor, haven't booked any flights. In fact, we don't even know yet how much money we'll have to spend on rent. You might think, "Wow, that's pretty soon. Shouldn't you guys be getting some of that going?"
Yeah. That's what I think, too.
You also might have observed that those two months between now and our move include two major holidays.
Yeah. I observed that, too.
But alas, as we had been warned, the cogs of HR turn slowly, and we are still waiting for financial approval to move forward with any logistics. So, in the meantime, we've been doing everything we can think of to prepare without actually spending any money:
- We've researched online real estate websites and narrowed down our search to our favorite few areas.
- We've looked into train, tube and bus passes and formed a tentative plan of how best to cover our transportation in London.
- We've looked up bed-and-breakfasts in the most gorgeous parts of the UK and driving times to get there from London. (Okay, so that wasn't exactly necessary. But it is fun!) :o)
- We've set up the shipping for our dogs. (See last post.)
- We've donated tons of extra stuff from our home in preparation for the down-size.
- We've researched churches, grocery stores, parks, train and tube maps, Bible studies, pubs, local points of interest, and so much more, to get a feel for what daily life might look like once we arrive.
I know that we'll get our approval before we know it, and everything will somehow get done when we need it. I know that if all else fails, we can live in a hotel for a while in London while we find a flat. I know that not everything with this move is going to go perfectly, and that's part of the adventure. And I know that no matter what, we are in this together, and we are going to have rich stories and memories to hold onto!
But really, HR. You could hurry up a little. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment